Wooden Sunglasses: Because Plastic And Steel Was Not Enough!
After plastic and steel, it’s time for the wood to rock the fashion industry! Glasses made of wood have become quite the trend and its fast growing. The glasses are not only fashionable, but they also make you look classy. These fashionable glasses are made of various exotic woods and come in a variety of different wooden texture for you to choose from. So, give your plastic and steel made glasses a rest and get into the new trend of wooden glasses. However, when it comes to taking care of the wooden glasses, you need to be a bit cautious.
How to Take Care of Wooden Sunglasses?
It’s more than okay to follow the trend but, at the same time, you need to take care of your stuff. And, when it comes to wooden sunglasses, there are certain points that you need to keep in mind.
- Most people use facial tissue paper to wipe their wooden glasses which is absolutely a no! It is because wood based stuff is abrasive in nature and may cause scratches. Therefore, microfiber lens cloth makes the best option to clean your wooden pair of frames.
- Use both your hands when taking off your wooden glasses. Though it may lower your style quotient a bit, it will keep your glasses aligned. Because when you take them off with one hand, it may stretch them out.
- Use lukewarm water to clean off the dirt and dust off your wooden frames.
- Do not use your nails or fingers to scratch off a mark or to remove any stuck-up dirt. Because it may only get the situation worse for your glasses.
- The fact that your glasses are made of wood, it may look worn out after some time. So treat it like your furniture and apply a bit oil or wax to bring back the lost luster. Using lip balm should be of help.
- Try to avoid using cleaning liquids because they usually contain strong chemicals in them which may prove to be damaging for your wooden glasses. Use a microfiber lens cloth instead, as already mentioned earlier.
- Usually, wooden glasses are made water resistant but, they can withstand only a nominal quantity of water. So, avoid exposing it to excessive water or else, it may get damaged.
- Do not put your wooden glasses on the dashboard of your car because it exposes them to a lot of sun rays. Excessive sun rays may cause damage to the frame and lens of your glass.
- Do not store them loosely in your bag or purse with other stuff like food, cosmetics, and sharp objects because it may only bring damage to your glasses. So, store them properly in their case on in some safe place.
Following the trend is important but, taking care of your stuff is also important. So, follow the above mentioned tips and keep your wooden glasses safe and fashionable.